A FURTHER 100 QUOTATIONS TO MAKE YOU THINK ‘OUT OF THE BOX!’
Wow, I never once imagined there would be such a demand for life quotations! This is the third in a series of E-Books containing 100 quotations by unknown authors. These have been collected over many months as I add a new quotation daily on my Facebook page. My goal now is to eventually have 500 and bring out one mega book of quotations. If you haven’t got the first two E-Books, make sure make sure to view them here on WordPress, or on my personal blog, or download them for free from Smashwords in most reader formats, iTunes, Reader Store and Barnes & Noble. These quotations will not only give you something to think about, but hopefully make you ‘think out of the box’ and see the positive side to life. Some are funny, others more serious, but with each comes a deep seeded message to become a better you.
I added a bonus 5 quotations in the last book, and will simply continue the numbering here…
206) Everything in this life takes longer than you think, except life itself.
207) Enthusiasm is very good lubrication for the mind.
208) Focus on where you want to go, not where your currently are.
209) Often when you look at the moon, you see only a part of it, but you know there is a much larger object there. Very often we look (or converse) with a person, and we see or are aware of only a small sliver of their life and we may think that is all there is. Try to get to know more about the whole person!
210) Execute every act of thy life as though it were your last.
211) Failure doesn’t mean that we are off the track to success. It merely forces us to take a detour to success.
212) Failure is merely part of the process necessary for success.
213) Failure is never as scary as regret.
214) Failure is not sweet, but it need not be bitter.
215) Failure is not the worst thing in the world — the very worst is not to try.
216) Feed your faith and doubt will starve to death.
217) A bump in the road is either an obstacle to be fought, or an opportunity to be enjoyed. It’s all up to you.
218) A careful inventory of all your past experiences may disclose the startling fact that everything has happened for the best.
219) We must be prepared to be part of the cure and not remain part of the problem.
220) A cemetery is the only place where people don’t try to keep up with the Joneses.
221) A coward gets scared and quits. A hero gets scared, but still goes on.
222) A dog that barks much is never a good hunter.
223) Acceptance: A flower falls even though we love it. A weed grows even though we don’t love it.
224) A fool and his money are soon parted. The rest of us wait for tax time.
225) A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
226) A genius shoots at something no one else can see – and hits it.
227) A good way to forget your troubles is to help others out of theirs.
228) We accomplish things by directing our desires, not by ignoring them.
229) We are judged by what we finish, not what we start.
230) We all know that sponges grow in the ocean but I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that wasn’t the case.
231) We all leave footprints in the sand, the question is, will we be a big heal, or a great soul.
232) We all need to take great interest in the future because we will spend the rest of our life there.
233) We are made strong by the difficulties we face, not by those we evade.
234) We are told never to cross a bridge till we come to it, but this world is owned by people who have “crossed bridges” in their imagination far ahead of the crowd.
235) We came here to serve not be served.
236) We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
237) We have inherited the past; we can create the future.
238) We have all drink from wells we did not dig and have been warmed by fires we did not build.
239) We hold in our hands the power to lift each other up to new heights of humanity or to let go, plunging mankind into an abyss of destruction.
240) Always strive to be part of the cure, and not remain part of the problem.
241) We must treasure the achievers of our land because it’s they who raise the sights of all the others.
242) We rate ability in men by what they finish, not by what they begin.
243) A bar of iron costs $5, made into horseshoes its worth is $12, made into needles its worth is $3500, made into balance springs for watches, its worth is $300, 000. Your own value is determined also by what you are able to make of yourself.
244) A careful inventory of all your past experiences may disclose the startling fact that everything has happened for the best.
245) A good man doubles the length of his existence, to have lived so as to look back with pleasure on our past life is to live twice.
246) A good example is the best sermon.
247) A crooked stick will have a crooked shadow.
248) A family that plays together, stays together.
249) A fellow who says he has never told a lie has just told one.
250) A friend is someone you can do nothing with, and enjoy it.
251) A flatterer is a man that tells you your opinion and not his own.
252) An education never hurt anybody who was willing to learn after he got it.
253) A healthy attitude is contagious, but don’t wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier.
254) A good way to forget your troubles is to help others out of theirs.
255) A chicken doesn’t stop scratching just because worms are scarce.
256) A cloud does not know why it moves in the direction it does, and at such a speed. It’s an impulse… this is the place to go now. But the sky knows the reason and the patterns behind all clouds, and you will know, too, when you lift yourself high enough to see beyond the horizon.
257) A good wife and health is a mans best wealth.
258) A great fortune in the hands of a fool is a great misfortune.
259) A hard fall means a high bounce… if you’re made of the right material.
260) A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others.
261) A hard thing about business is minding your own.
262) A leader’s job is to look into the future and see the organization not as it is, but as it can become.
263) A life is like a tree – if you don’t make it straight when its young and green, you’ll never do it when it’s old and dry.
264) A lot of people go through life as if they are rowing a boat. They look at where they have been (the PAST) rather than where they are going (the FUTURE).
265) People achieve according to what they believe.
266) In life you have two names: the one with which you are born, and the one that you make for yourself.
267) You can fail many times, but you are not a failure until you give up.
268) You are known by the company you avoid, and the company you keep.
269) A person of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds.
270) A mistake at least proves that somebody stopped talking long enough to DO something about it.
271) A misty morning does not signify a cloudy day.
272) A person doesn’t know how much he has to be thankful for until he has to pay taxes on it.
273) A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice.
274) A sign on the door of Opportunity reads, “Push.”
275) A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
276) A smile on the face is a sign that the heart is at home.
277) A smart person knows what to say, a wise person knows whether or not to say it.
278) A successful person is a dreamer whom someone believed in.
279) A turtle makes progress when it sticks its neck out.
280) A wise man cares not for what he cannot have.
281) A wise man will make haste to forgive, because he knows the full value of time and will not suffer it to pass away in unnecessary pain.
282) A wise man doesn’t just wait for the right opportunity, he creates it!
283) A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.
284) Accept fate, and move on. Don’t yield to the seductive pull of self-pity. Acting like a victim threatens your future.
285) Acceptance of others, their looks, their behaviors, their beliefs, bring you an inner peace and tranquility – instead of anger and resentment.
286) Accomplishment, like life, will prove to be a journey, not a destination.
287) Achievement is not the most important thing – authenticity is.
289) Add value to everyday. Sharpen your skills and your understanding.
290) Life is really simple; we ourselves create the circumstances that complicate it.
291) We can all take a lesson from the weather, it pays no attention to criticism.
292) All people smile in the same language.
293) All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, and Jill a wealthy widow.
294) Always imitate the behavior of the winner when you lose.
295) Always keep a window open in your mind for new ideas.
296) An educational system isn’t worth a great deal if it teaches young people how to make a living but doesn’t teach them how to make a life.
297) An obstacle is something you see when you take your eyes off the goals you are trying to reach.
298) Anyone can live heroically and successfully for one day. The man who achieves a high purpose makes that day the pattern for all the days of his life.
299) Anyone can be polite to a king. It takes a gentleman to be polite to a beggar.
300) Anger is only one letter short of danger.
301) Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.
302) An unfailing success plan: at each day’s end, write down the six most important things to do tomorrow; number them in order of importance, and DO them. No planning will work unless we take action.
303) Anything you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon must come to reality.
304) Approach the start of each day with something in mind and end the day with one word, “DONE.”
305) A man who has health is young, but a man who owes nothing is rich.
… and 5 more bonus quotations!
306) Attitude Adjuster: When you smile at someone, nine times out of 10 the other person will smile back and you’ve made two people’s days brighter and better.
307) Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
308) Be a “how” thinker, not an “if” thinker.
309) Be alert to give service — what counts most in life is what we do for others.
310) Be tolerant of the human race. Your whole family belongs to it – and some of your spouse’s family does too.
I trust these quotations have given you a little more insight into life and inspired you to see that you are in control of your destiny. It’s all about your attitude in life that determines who you become.